This job offer is expired
We're looking to hire an awesome frontend engineer to work on the development of our website, calm.com. Your influence will extend beyond just the website though, and as an early engineer at Calm you'll get to have a huge impact on the company.
The website is currently built on NodeJS, Babel and React. It'd be bonus if you were also able to jump into other parts of our system, including our Coffeescript API, PostgreSQL DB, AWS infrastructure and iOS and Android clients.
You'll be based in our office in downtown San Francisco.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has 3-5+ years of professional software development experience
- Has 2+ years of professional software development experience in Frontend
- Is fluent in React
- Has a CS Degree
- Has worked on large customer facing projects and shipped them to end users
- Has scaling experience and an acute attention to detail
- Is a generalist with a passion for the frontend and an eye for beautiful designs and interfaces
- Can work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve all front-end technologies with attention to visual and interaction details.
- Collaborate with engineers, product-owners, and QA on meeting deployment deadlines.
- Contribute to everything from code architecture to product features to visual design.
- Get to decide what technologies are appropriate going forward, and have a huge amount of influence over both the technology and product direction of the website
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums and 50% for your dependents
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more…
Calm is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.