Evolving the IoT space with your TypeScript experience - Senior Engineer
This job offer is expired
ARM - Senior Web/React Engineer, IoT - Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB1 9NJ
This is a unique opportunity for you to work on many different technologies in a group working at the intersection of web applications and embedded development in IoT.
You will have the opportunity to help us deliver user interfaces across multiple platforms including desktop, browser and mobile. The applications you work on will give connected objects a presence on the web.
Within this team we have multiple roles available on different levels, so we would be happy to hear from you and discuss which position suits best.
We craft the user experiences of products being built around IoT at Arm and are responsible for their ease of use. These include user-focussed management interfaces for cloud services as well as developer-focussed tooling.
Working in the emerging world of IoT, you will require pro-activity, dynamic approaches to problem solving and creative thinking.
In return, you will join an experienced, professional, collaborative team working with cutting edge technologies and concepts in an agile environment.
A willingness to learn will be rewarded with training opportunities as well as the ability to work across other teams in the group.
- Work as part of a diverse team to design, deliver and support the user interfaces needed for IoT products at Arm
- Show demonstrable quality through unit testing and continuous integration
- Work alongside peers and junior team members alike to discuss and solve technical problems, mentoring as necessary
- Communicate effectively with other geographically-dispersed teams across the business unit
- Engage with our agile planning and development processes to help shape delivery of our products
- Opportunities exist to take on leadership responsibilities
Experience and Skills
The skillset of the team is necessarily diverse, leading to a very dynamic working environment. We are seeking someone with a "get things done" attitude and a strong background in some of the following:
- Web development technologies including HTML5 and CSS3 (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Single-page application development, ideally using React
- Continuous integration workflows including build systems, testing and deployment
- Source control systems, especially git
- Agile principles and processes
Any experience of these technologies would also benefit the role:
- Experience with server-side scripting using Node.js
- Experience with UX design principles
- Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Mobile UI development experience (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
We actively support cross-training between these technologies where there is no existing experience.