Evolving the IoT space and developing wide technology skill set - Graduate role
This job offer is expired
ARM - Junior Mobile Engineer - Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB1 9NJ
The Internet of Things business unit at Arm are seeking a multi-disciplined graduate engineer to join the development tools team, part of the online tools group. You are interested in mobile development, web technologies, embedded devices and how IoT can change our lives for the better.
This is a unique opportunity to work on many different languages and technologies in a group at the intersection of web applications and embedded development in IoT. You will be part of the team building applications and developer tools across multiple platforms including mobile, web, browser and desktop.
The tools we craft enable developers to easily use the products being built around IoT at Arm. These include, but are not limited to mobile applications, IDEs, SDKs, simulators and build systems for mbed OS and the mbed Cloud Services.
Working in the emerging world of IoT, you will need to be enthusiastic and have dynamic approaches to problem solving and creative thinking.
In return, you will join an experienced, professional team working with cutting edge technologies and concepts in an agile environment where you will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and progress your career.
A willingness to learn will be rewarded with training opportunities as well as the ability to work across other teams in the group.
You have a passion for technology as well as for the Internet of Things. You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills. You develop solutions that are as simple as possible, but no simpler. You take nothing for granted and nothing is someone else’s problem. You choose the right tool for the job. You write code that others can understand. You set high standards and can deliver on time.
- Working as part of a diverse team to design, deliver and support the developer tools and applications needed to foster a developer ecosystem around IoT products in Arm.
- Communicate effectively with other teams across the business unit.
- Engaging with our agile planning and development process to help craft delivery of our products.
Experience or willingness to learn:
- Mobile UI development (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- React Native or React
- UX design principles
- Agile principles and processes
- Version control, preferably git
- Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs