← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
What you'll do:
- Learn from experienced engineers who have worked at big tech companies, and at McKinsey's digital consulting practice (McKinsey is the main sponsor of Generation, helping us to grow fast and well)
- Work with a cutting edge tech stack along with first class testing, deployment and tooling (e.g., Jest, Docker, CircleCI, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloudfront)
- Work in a tight-knit environment where you will not only learn, but also teach what you know
- Exercise your creativity by designing, building, and deploying a product used by users in 8 countries on 4 continents (& growing)
- Collaborate with an international team (e.g., Spain, Kenya, India) to create innovative solutions
- Enjoy a modern, and flexible work environment (e.g., work from home, flexible schedule, and team lunches)
- Work in an agile (Scrum) development model, flexibly adapting to changing circumstances, in a way that's designed for Collaboration, Transparency, and Autonomy of the tech team.
- Work in a great co-working space in Mexico City (WeWork), with a vibrant community of startups
- Join a movement to solve one of the biggest challenges facing societies all over the world — youth unemployment
- Receive competitive salary and benefits
To be successful you'll need:
- At least one year of experience solving interesting technical problems and building a complex software product
- Either a university education in software development, or equivalent work experience
- At least some computer science fundamentals (e.g., data structures, time & complexity analysis)
- Familiar with relational databases, modern web applications and services (e.g., MySQL, RESTful APIs, Node.js, Express)
- Experience with single page web apps is preferred (especially React)
- Proficient in English (reading and speaking), so you can work with our international team!
- Comfortable working with a diverse and multi-functional team of fellow engineers, product owners, designers and project managers
- Hungry to constantly learn and improve
- To like working with a diverse, international team: we're proud to be creating an inclusive environment that's welcoming for people of all races, creeds, colors, genders and sexual-orientations.