This job offer is expired
Our purpose and our reach, your opportunity.Top Hat is revolutionizing the world of higher education. We are the leading teaching platform that professors use to create an active learning environment. Using Top Hat, professors can transform students' smartphones and laptops into tools of engagement, leading to increased attendance, higher grades, and a more effective lecture experience. More recently, Top Hat launched its own interactive textbook authoring platform and marketplace—you can read about the financing round we just raised to drive this initiative over at Bloomberg. We aim to be the premier way for professors to interact with students both in and out of the classroom. Top Hat is used and adored by over 750 universities and over 2 million students worldwide.As we set our sights on increasing adoption of our products to all 4000+ post-secondary institutions in North America, we need to grow our cross-functional Growth team. We need a Full Stack Developer who can surpass our business targets by developing features and experimenting with different techniques.Where are you right now?You are part of a growth team or are building a user pipeline on your own right now. You love what you do but you are seeking more professional and personal satisfaction. You want to join a fast growing company with purpose where you can see the difference your work is making.You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies. That’s OK. What’s important to Top Hat is solid computer science fundamentals, passion, the ability to learn quickly, and your drive for professional growth.
As a key member of our growing development team you will:
- Experiment. Create growth initiatives based on our extensive usage data. Experiment with new features and avenues for growing our user base. Provide solutions to exciting new challenges.
- Collaborate. Work with a dynamic, cross-functional group of people including marketing, product management, UX and an exec level leader on both definition and execution against the growth roadmap (Our backend is a REST API built with Django. Our frontend framework is React. Everything runs in a high-availability setup on AWS, with MySQL.)
- Engage. Build and retain our user base through multiple campaigns and outreach methods.
Some of the reasons we attract great people:
- The impact you will make extends beyond just the success of the company but the prosperity of the education environment.
- We work in a collaborative team-oriented atmosphere.
- We have a very good business and strong revenue growth. You will be exposed to all-aspects of a business past start-up mode and scaling quickly.
- We’re just the right size. Top Hat isn’t a megacorp nor are we a small ‘cowboy’ shop. We are just the right size for individuals that want stability but don’t want to be a number.
- We offer mentorship and meaningful work. Leadership opportunities. Whether it’s leading people, products or projects, our growth translates into new positions for those that are motivated.
What you will bring to Top Hat:
- The technical skills. You have comfort with most of the following:
- Web development technologies and tools
- Automated unit and integration testing
- A/B Testing
- Data analytics
- Integrating in-house systems with marketing automation systems