Web Developer, Digital Marketing - Digital Factory
This job offer is expired
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
As the Web Developer, you will be working on the Innovation team and will play a pivotal role in expanding Scotiabank’s website capabilities, developing SPA applications, and onboarding new digital marketing technology. You will develop new functionality along with authoring capabilities using Scotiabank’s new CMS, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). You will develop scalable components for Scotiabank.com and then propagate these capabilities across thirty-seven other countries. Your expertise with React, Angular, SASS and other popular frameworks will help to accelerate component building initiatives and also guide the development team on the best approach to producing world-class applications. Our vision is to empower product managers, marketers, and branch staff to deliver superior digital experiences by ‘democratizing’ the authoring of website content and simplifying the daily tasks of those closest to the customer. Your effort will unlock this capability.
Collaboration is in the DNA of every Scotiabanker so it is important to build relationships quickly and rally around ideas that drive impact and enhance the customer experience.
Is this role right for you?
- You'll join a team of AEM developers who dedicate their time to building website layouts, components, and services that can be leveraged across 130 websites in 37 regions.
- Build financial tools and customer onboarding applications using single page frameworks like React and Angular.
- Collaborate with Designers and Product Leads to unlock key capabilities like personalization and product recommenders
- Leverage Scotiabank’s A/B Testing software to test ideas with consumers and to improve the navigational flow
- Leverage consumer research, clickstream, and heat map data to measure platform utility and to generate ideas for improved features and functions
- Onboard digital marketing technology and harmonize these platforms across 37 regions, and then trains local staff how to harness these capabilities.
- Embrace the agile approach to delivering products and coach others on the value of rapid prototyping
- Bring a unique perspective to problem-solving and actively participate in ‘solutioning’ sessions.
- Measure the productivity and perceptivity of new tools through A/B testing, virtual focus groups, and training/testing events
- Test experiences for accessibility and inclusion. Understand these Canadian Digital Accessibility Laws and ensure all customer-facing tools adhere to these guidelines.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have solid proficiency with client-side web languages, schemas, and frameworks including React, Angular 2+, SASS, and Bootstrap. AEM experience is desired
- You have experience in enterprise software development and adherence to coding standards and reusability
- You have some familiarity with databases and enterprise cloud solutions; eg. Azure (what we use) Amazon Cloud, Google Cloud, Mongo, and SQL
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have a deep pride in quality craftsmanship, with a user-centered approach to your work, that delights customers
- You are able to pivot and adapt to change
- You want to find a solution to real-life problems that will flip the multi-billion dollar financial industry on its head
- You have a high aptitude for diving in, taking ownership and picking up new things
- You're eager to mentor, teach and share your ideas in a team environment
- You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distill technical details into human terms