This job offer is expired
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our technology team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As UX/UI Developer you will work with the Product Management team to understand user interactions and efficiency, and with the Development team to build the experience that goes to production. You will report to VP, Engineering and collaborate frequently with product managers and engineers.
Forward Financing invests in our employees and their development. Your role as UX/UI Developer will be critical to driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Apply your strong visual sense to create elegant and productivity enhancing interaction design
- Create wireframes, mockups, and design elements to guide engineers and product managers
- Design cross application workflows and data flows that result in seamless experiences
- Develop a strong visual language for customer facing portals, internal customer applications, and development team web tools
- Help other engineers and product managers become more visually attuned and more capable using design tools and front end technologies
- Creativity/ Innovation- Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Communicator - Having strong ideas and the ability to voice them but with a positive, up-beat attitude
- Attention to Detail- Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Multi-Tasking/Prioritization -- Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and self-prioritize effectively
- Self-Motivated - A proactive self-starter who is able to take an idea and turn it into a completed product / a proactive self-starter with strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Quick Study -- Ability to quickly learn and absorb new information
- A Doer - willingness to roll up your sleeves, perform all levels of analysis and demonstrate high degrees of diligence, attention to detail and accountability
- 1 to 5 years designing web applications and web information architectures
- Mockups, wireframing tools, Image editors
- CSS, SCSS, HTML5
- Requirements elicitation and documentation
- Business process analysis and diagramming
- Exposure to or coursework in HCI, Industrial Design, Data Visualization, Technical Illustration, Graphic Design or Visual Arts desirable
- Exposure to or coursework in Computer Science desirable
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company focused on efficiently providing capital to US-based small and medium sized businesses. We've funded over 7,500 unique businesses on our platform since being founded in 2012. Our platform reviews over 6,000 business applicants a month using our proprietary technology; in 2018, we will provide nearly $200 million to these businesses on our platform.
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.