Front End Developer
- Join our engineering team as a front-end developer for tuftandneedle.com as well as our internal CRM and administration systems
- Collaborate with the engineering team on developing new features to our public site as well as our internal applications
- Assist with marketing efforts to rapidly test and implement changes to the existing public content
Qualities We're Looking For:
- Fluent in HTML and CSS and have experience with preprocessors like HAML, SASS, LESS, Pug, or Stylus
- Fluent in React and Redux or another mature front-end framework
- A love for learning
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to see projects through to completion
Time & Benefits:
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Free mattress
- Health benefits for employee and dependents
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- 401k with company match
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Monthly company events
- Snacks and drinks stocked in the fridge if working from our Phoenix HQ
- Casual dress code, open office environment
Values of the Engineering Team:
- End-to-end ownership: Each project gets an Engineering owner that is responsible for the success of the project.
- Launch early and iterate: Done is better than perfect. Although we maintain a minimum standard of quality, we believe in getting value out of features and enhancements as soon as possible, while rapidly iterating.
- Do things that don’t scale: We believe that our software should automate existing manual processes to save time, rather than preempt potential needs to avoid building unnecessary software. Our litmus test for deciding on new features is “Has the team done this manually first?”. Of course, we’re pragmatic even about this value.
- Pragmatism: In a growing startup, our philosophy is that it’s important to be pragmatic. We are rarely dogmatic and use Judo moves to efficiently solve problems.