← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
You are a React developer that is passionate about performance, accessibility and responsive design. You’re a motivated self-starter that will take ownership of your work. You’re focused and exceptional at what you do, and don’t consider yourself a “full stack” developer. You’ll work with our product and development teams to convert wireframes/designs into scalable learning interfaces.
We are a vocabulary learning company, whose products are used in schools all over the world. We’d love your help modernizing a large, monolith Rails app to leverage the power of React. You’ll start as a contract employee, but if the fit is right we’ll welcome you to join our team full time.
- Build new user-facing features using React + Redux, etc.
- Develop clean, reusable code with performance and scalability in mind.
- Verify the technical feasibility of UX wireframes and UI designs.
- Design state, define actions, and handle asynchronous requests using middleware.
- Defend against cheating and other potentially nefarious user actions.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
- Present and champion new ideas.
- Strong understanding of ES6, React, Redux, JSX, Webpack, Babel and Yarn.
- Experience with redux-actions, redux-promise, redux-thunk.
- Expert understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Basic understanding of Web Accessibility Standards (WCAG Level AAA).
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and polyfills.
- Familiar with Git/Github workflows.
- Extensive understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Be open to helping and teaching your teammates, as well as accepting feedback and learning from them.
- Experience with testing using Jest + Enzyme.
- Experience with Ruby, Rails or Rspec.
- Familiarity with the webpacker gem.
- Familiarity with D3.
- Understanding of server-side rendering and related issues.
- A passion for education.
- Work remotely – most of our team is remote, so you’ll have a lot of trust and flexibility.
- No travel required – we only ask that your availability overlaps our team for a couple hours each day between 8-5 in the Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00).
More remote react jobs
Lead React Native Developer Plutus.it
Front-end Engineer - Remote, US-based Knock.com
High End Focused Internet Programmer DomainMarket.com/MikeMann.com
Front-End Design Engineer Elastic