Senior Web Engineer/Web Architect
This job offer is expired
Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases, as we progress our pipeline across a range of therapeutic areas, including addiction, MS, schizophrenia and beyond.
Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with great partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in San Francisco, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of collaboration, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
We’re looking for someone to join our Web Team, responsible for building the browser-based interfaces that our clinicians and business partners use to support and serve patients.
OUR TECH STACK:
Mobile: React Native + Redux: This is what our patients interact with.
Web: React + Redux + Webpack: This is what our doctors interact with.
API: NodeJS + Restify w/MySQL and Postgres: This is how our apps interact with our platform.
Testing: Enzyme, Mocha + Chai + Sinon, Appium, Jest: This makes sure it all works.
- Architect and develop web application software for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Gather functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, Clinical, and others.
- Experience designing and developing web software with React+Redux.
- Solid experience with HTML, CSS, Flexbox and other web technologies.
- Experience with methodical testing, test-driven development (TDD), and various testing patterns.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.