Senior Mobile Engineer/Mobile Architect
This job offer is expired
Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases, as we progress our pipeline across a range of therapeutic areas, including addiction, MS, schizophrenia and beyond.
Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with great partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in Boston and San Francisco, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of collaboration, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
We’re looking for someone to join our Mobile Team, responsible for building mobile applications that help patients living with serious diseases.
OUR TECH STACK:
Mobile: React Native + Redux: This is what our patients interact with.
Web: React + Redux + Webpack: This is what our doctors interact with.
API: NodeJS + Restify w/MySQL and Postgres: This is how our apps interact with our platform.
Testing: Enzyme, Mocha + Chai + Sinon, Appium, Jest: This makes sure it all works.
- Architect and develop mobile applications for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Gather functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, Clinical, and others.
- Solid experience with React Native, or native iOS or Android development. Our apps are built in React Native, but past experience with native development helps when working with RN.
- Solid understanding of the app delivery lifecycle, including code signing and app store reviews.
- Experience with methodical testing, test-driven development (TDD), and various testing patterns.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.