Senior Interactive Developer
This job offer is expired
SENIOR INTERACTIVE DEVELOPER
If you want to help build thriving businesses and guide the Financial Services industry from now to NEXT, keep reading to see how your ability to solve complex problems can make digital transformation a reality for clients.
What we’re looking for:An Interactive Developer who will bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation to our investment bank, asset management and wealth management clients. Someone who is hungry to drive transformation and lead change within a project team for some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
Do you have the following?
- A leadership knack to serve as a technical advisor and problem solver to clients, assisting them in optimizing their use of emerging and established technologies
- Aptitude to architect and manage end-to-end delivery of full-scale web applications
- Experience in building well-structured UI components that follow best practices
- Experience in converting visual designs to working user interfaces
- Ability to take feedback from client/users and implement interaction changes
- Understanding to guide test strategy (including unit, integration and acceptance testing)
- Know-how to troubleshoot performance issues
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (lack of a relevant degree may be substituted by equivalent professional experience)
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, Time/Space Complexity
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
- Experience with Domain-Driven design
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development or Specification by Example
- Ability to articulate a solution by applying the S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Understand the concept of event loops, single-threaded execution
- Understand the concept of UI virtualization
- Understand the technical details of how UI is rendered on-screen (for example, how does browser render HTML?)
- Know the difference between Immediate-mode and Retained-mode of rendering
- Experience handling performance issues with rendering
- Experience profiling, debugging and troubleshooting CPU, Memory and logic issues, preferably with Chrome DevTools
- Understand the difference between HTML 4.0 and HTML 5.0 and have knowledge of what is new in HTML 5.0
- Browser differences
- Know the various kinds of selectors and their specificity
- Understand the new properties introduced in CSS3
- Understand CSS directives such as @import, @media, @font-face
- Understand Responsive Web Design
- Understand how selectors are looked up, triggers for Style Recalculation
- Experience with proper structuring of CSS using techniques such as SMACSS, OOCSS or BEM
- Experience applying Functional and Object-Oriented styles of programming
- Understand details of the prototype chain
- Working knowledge of standard EcmaScript 5 APIs
- Working knowledge of libraries such as: Underscore or LoDash, jQuery
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone, Ember and React.
- Experience with building back-ends using Node.js.
- Experience with build tools such as: Grunt, Gulp, SASS, Browserify, RequireJS
- Understand the concept of Promises
You’ll never hear the term 'employee’ at Publicis.Sapient. Rather, you’ll see we talk about talented and valued individuals – people with interesting and provocative ideas, bold and diverse perspectives, a keen awareness of today and an unflinching curiosity about next. Our culture is all about the thriving of the 16,000 of us in 60+ offices around the globe, while we boldly help impact the success of our clients in a modern world.
To start your own journey into next, visit http://www.publicis.sapient.com/.
Publicis.Sapient is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. If you are interested in applying for employment with Sapient and you have a disability for which you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact our Affirmative Action Officer via telephone at +1-617-621-0200 or fax at +1-617-621-1300.