Software Engineer (Frontend)
This job offer is expired
SO, WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles.
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms.
- Mentoring and supporting other developers with their day-to-day work.
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment.
- Familiar with build automation and continuous integration.
DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?
- Experience with React or Node.js
- Experience on cross-platform development on smart TV game and consoles.
- Experience in the development of a high-profile digital video service.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design, design patterns and extreme programming.
THESE ARE THE PERFORM/DAZN COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
Learn and Grow; On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
Teamwork & Collaboration; Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
Drive & Energy; Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
Creativity & Innovation; Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
At Perform Group we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and good at it too! We have over 2,800 employees with an extensive network of freelance specialists. We have a strong team with experts from Netflix, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. We’re growing rapidly and launching into new global markets every year.
DAZN is our sports streaming service that allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN has over 8,000 live events a year and features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. DAZN is set to launch in Italy in August 2018 and the United States in September.
Find out more at
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), defined contribution pension scheme, Travel Cost Assistance.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform/DAZN online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity - click apply!! Remember to review more fantastic opportunities on our careers page and start your adventure at Perform