This job offer is expired
We are here to make someone’s day brilliant! Our goal is to make 20 million amazing moments by 2020, and we’re looking for creative, collaborative people to help us build an awesome platform to make that happen.
Who are we
Moonpig cards have been landing on the doorsteps of UK households for well over fifteen years. From our humble beginnings back in the year 2000, we now have over 5 million regular customers. As well as the cards which made our name, we also sell flowers and a growing range of gifts.
Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group. With brands located in the UK, France, Spain and Germany, the Photobox Group is the largest personalisation business in Europe.
Moonpig’s success is based on writing bespoke software that allows our customers to create uniquely personal products. We were founded on innovation, and it continues to be central to what we do. As our engineering team has expanded we’ve embraced agile ways of working and DevOps practices. We are highly collaborative, working closely with our product and business partners to deliver value to our customers. Our engineering teams are made up of cross-functional, autonomous engineers that are empowered to design, write, test and deploy their own code.
What is the Role?
What will I be doing?
- Working in a cross-geography delivery team utilising software development practices, such as; Scrum/Kanban, collaborative code ownership, unit testing, BDD, code reviews, GIT workflow, and continuous delivery.
What will I need to succeed?
- Experience with React, Component-based CSS Modules, functional design, Redux
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with node task-runners, WebPack and front-end packaging tools
- Experience with test frameworks and tools, e.g. Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai
- Passionate about regularly shipping high quality code through continuous deployment and feature flagging
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and using pairing as a way to spread that knowledge
- Experience working with an Agile process e.g. Scrum or Kanban
What else would be useful if I had it?
- Experience creating in-web photo editing tools and features
- Experience working with cross-geography team members
- Some experience with automation tools, such as Jenkins, Kubernetes and Kibana
- Some experience with high-volume e-commerce sites
- Some experience with GraphQL
- Some experience of CMS
- Some experience of test automation
- Some experience with Node.JS micro services and service oriented architecture
- Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
- Communicative and social – We’re a friendly bunch and great communication is the key to our success
- Continual improvement – Learning, learning, learning. That’s what it’s all about.
- Collaborative and conscientious – We realise we go much further when we go together (and that’s why we need you).
- Helpful – As a team, we help each other out whenever and however we can.
- Detail Focused – We’re obsessive in our pursuit of perfection and the best customer experience.
- Enthusiastic – We’re building things we care about and we love what we do!