Senior Front-End Developer
This job offer is expired
Tangent is a Creative Technology Agency. We combine data, strategy, technology and creative services to help organisations communicate more effectively with their customers across all channels. We work with a host of large clients including PepsiCo, Sky, SAP, Carlsberg, Wolseley, wrap.me, Walkers, Printed.com and The Labour Party. Our work encompasses all aspects of digital activity, from Enterprise to B2B trade loyalty programmes, to micro sites, eCommerce, local marketing toolkits, email, eCRM and digital advertising.
As a frontend developer you will get to work on a range of sites, from large scale eCommerce systems to simple stylish campaigns. You will work with multinational clients, and will be involved in all stages of a project lifecycle, from concept and ideation, through to build and continuing to develop and improve on it in the future.
You will be a good communicator, with a strong understanding of frontend web development and comfortable making decisions on the company's approach and direction regarding frontend development. You will have experience in, or be happy to take on, managing the time of yourself and your team, delegating tasks when necessary, and reviewing the work of others in order to help them improve.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing high quality frontend code for new builds, and maintaining and developing existing sites.
- Work with development teams to deliver the desired look and feel.
- Contributing to the general standard of frontend within the company, and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard.
- Advising on frontend best practices and ideal approaches and techniques to use on projects.
- Providing estimates for future work.
- Reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- Minimum 5 years of professional working experience
- Strong frontend knowledge, including responsive web development
- Solid understanding of pre-processors, such as SASS/LESS
- Great working knowledge of one or more SPA frameworks such as React, Vue.js or Angular
- Knowledge of task runners such as Gulp/Grunt
- Strong understanding with version control, ideally Git
- Experience with running virtual environments using Docker/Vagrant
- Know the importance of efficiency and optimisation on the web, particularly with regard to mobile devices.
- Awareness of the pitfalls of older browsers, and the capabilities to incorporate graceful degradation.
- Experience with templating languages such as Jinja/Twig/Django
- Skills required:
- Knowledge of Node.js
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Previous experience of an agency environment
- Experience with Styled components