This job offer is expired
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are a team of engineers and finance professionals revolutionizing the finance service industry. FutureAdvisor, backed by BlackRock,is a business-to-business, software-as-a-service (SAAS) company building a platform that allows our end-users to achieve their retirement and savings goals.
We are growing at a steady rate and we are looking to build new technology and processes to scale our business. We are looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
About the Team
The Client Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the FutureAdvisor client facing web applications and tools. Our developers work closely with other engineering teams, product management and UX designers to deliver compelling web and mobile experiences for our partners and their users. This includes turning requirements into technical specs, development and testing of new features, bug fixes, and building internal tools and workflow enhancements.
Our Tech Stack
We use a React and Redux stack on NodeJS, including Flow for Static Typing and Jest for unit tests and are migrating to Webpack 4 and completely dockerized continuous deployments. Our backend stack includes Ruby on Rails and MySQL and there is opportunity for full stack development.
We are looking for the right person for the job. For this position we are looking for a mid-level or senior level front end engineer that can help guide the technical direction of our team and platform. There is room in this position to take on more web platform and front end build & deployment work or more backend work if that is your career goal.
Role & Responsibilities
* Architecting, designing, coding, testing, and supporting mobile-responsive web applications that are highly scalable and secure
* Participate in the full software development life-cycle
* Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers
* Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation
* Collaborate iteratively with PMs and UX designers to help define and clarify requirements and scope and define the right units of work to include in each development sprint
* Focus on unit and automated testing, so teams can iterate quickly while maintaining a high quality bar
* Help establish front-end best practices and guidelines
* You are a front-end focused developer with 5 to 10 years of practical experience
* You are self-motivated, curious, and passionate about building products that scale
* You understand every line of code you write
* You write documentation when it can help other developers at scale
* You are an optimist and bring solutions
* You believe in testing your code
* You are looking for a firm that is small enough where you can have a direct impact on the business and large enough to be full stack with room for growth
* You are interested in finance and want to work for a firm that is best-in-class
* You enjoy having the perks of both a small company and a large company: we have a small company culture without crazy start-up hours and large company benefits like HR and IT support, Employee Networks, speakers, workshops, and more.
* Experience with ES6 and current JS frameworks like React or Angular2+
* Experience with Scrum and Agile development tools
* Experience with CSS and CSS preprocessors (e.g. Sass, Less)
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
* Prior experience working in financial service/fintech
* Experience with Redux and Webpack
* Experience working with Ruby on Rails and MySQL
* We are only considering local candidates at this time
How to stand out during the application process
* Highlight any education or experience you may have in finance, banking, economics, statistics, etc.
* Send us a cover letter! Cover letters dont have to be a lost art. Tell us a little about why you are interested in FutureAdvisor and what you are looking for in your next role
* Dont send us a Linkedin download as a resume. We are looking for engineers with an eye for quality user interfaces and who are continually looking for ways to optimize existing processes and toolsets.
FutureAdvisor is an award-winning investment advisory firm that manages your existing IRA, Roth, taxable, and other investment accounts. We serve as a fiduciary, which means we put your financial interests ahead of ours. Our portfolio management service automatically monitors, rebalances, and tax-manages your current investments, adding low-fee index funds where necessary to bolster your portfolio. If your accounts are already with Fidelity or TD Ameritrade, we're simply a management layer you add over your existing accounts. If your accounts are elsewhere, we do the paperwork to consolidate them at Fidelity or TD Ameritrade as part of FutureAdvisor's services. We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
The Digital Robo Advice experience is supplemented with a hands on Digital Advisement Platform and Client Operations for Financial Advisors to reach their clients at scale.
About Our Parent Company BlackRock
BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other. Our clients are companies, governments, foundations, and millions of individuals saving for retirement, their childrens educations, and a better life. BlackRock is passionate about providing products and services that can help them build a strong financial future. BlackRock employees from around the globe are students of the market and students of technology, respectfully anti-bureaucratic, and innovative at the core.
We want you to know that we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and invite you to read more about us and our parent company, BlackRock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.