Senior Front End Developer - help people with life's big financial decisions
This job offer is expired
- We're reinventing the way millions of people globally receive financial advice
- One of AU's fastest growing FinTech’s. Doubled in size in the last 5 years
- Flexible Working, Extended Parental Leave, Charity Initiatives and Health Insurance
We provide solutions that help millions of people with life's big decisions. We enable our clients to help people build their wealth, protect their family, buy their home, invest in the stock market, and improve their financial wellbeing. Things that make a real difference to people's lives. We began in 1993 as a small Australian tech start-up. Now we're a global team of over 1,800 brilliantly-minded people across five continents – and we're still growing. We're listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, with a strong financial track record and our continuous investment in product development and innovation is what keeps us ahead of the game.
As we grow, we’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help build our building our award-winning financial planning product - XPLAN. It’s used by over a thousand financial services firms in 6 countries, enabling them to help millions of people when it comes to life’s big financial decisions. As one of our flagship products, it’s been rated the number one in financial planning software for the 10th consecutive year and is used by the majority of wealth management firms in Australia. Video of XPLAN here.
- We believe in building products that “just work”. Through our Labs initiative, we embrace user feedback and whilst constantly experimenting.
- Solve new problems as we introduce AI, Machine Learning, Event Sourcing and Data Analytics
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Contribute to implementing a DevOps culture including choice of technology and tooling.
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Provide relative estimates for the development effort, validate and improve continuously.
- Collaborate with team members in a self-autonomous AGILE squad (no bigger than 4 / 5 people) where everyone is involved in product decisions.
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Help us introduce microservices and containerisation using Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Join a culture of innovation, participating in our monthly “CodeIT” hackathon
- Grow your technical and leadership skills through formal training, lunch and learns and by attending conferences. Our teams use Pluralsight and Egghead. We also host the occasional meetup too.
- Enjoy views of the harbour from our brand new Barangaroo office. Includes collaborative working spaces, games area, meditation room and café.
We believe in continuously improving the way we build market leading products. Our team welcomes new ideas and you’ll join during a time of exciting change as we explore cloud based infrastructure (AWS), Continuous Deployment (Teamcity), Microservices and Devops practices.
- Experience as Software Engineer, Developer, Programmer, Web Developer, Front End Engineer, UI Engineer etc or equivalent training
- Deep understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Deep understanding of WCAG 2.0 (desired)
- Best practice around implementing responsive design (desired)