Lead Web Developer (Full-Stack)
This job offer is expired
M3 is a global and diversified technology company that is ranked by Forbes as one of the top 5 fastest growing innovative companies in the world in 2018. Through our award-winning website, MDLinx.com, we provide healthcare professionals with the clinical education, training, research, and career opportunities they need to succeed. Our mission is to reduce healthcare costs and improve the quality of healthcare delivered worldwide.
Founded nearly 20 years ago, M3 operates in over 10 countries and has grown to more than 4,000 employees globally. Through organic growth and acquisitions, M3 revenues in the US have doubled to over $100M since 2014, and worldwide revenues have quadrupled to over $1B since 2012. Due to this rapid growth, we are expanding our software development team and are seeking a Lead Developer to spearhead ground-up new development on our physician-facing website, MDLinx.com.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving M3 USA’s websites and services that help to inform and educate busy physicians. You will work as a member of a small, Agile team to maintain and enhance existing systems and lead efforts in developing a new version of MDLinx.com using a modern, OSS-based technology stack and modern web technologies.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced, driven, and accomplished web development professional to make an immediate and lasting impact on a diverse web product portfolio at M3 and to optimize how healthcare professionals engage and consume our information and content.
- Design and develop software services across multiple platforms for doctors and other healthcare professionals
- Work on a cross-functional team that includes software engineers, designers, and product staff to develop and improved user experience and achieve product objectives
- Develop APIs and API clients to connect front-end, back-end, and 3rd party web services
- Perform code reviews for junior developers
- Understand business objectives and user needs and actively work to improve the effectiveness and usability of our products
- Understand and develop new features and functionality for existing legacy systems
- Write unit, functional, and end-to-end tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of industry experience
- 8+ years developing production web applications with at least 1 year as a lead developer
- 5+ years utilizing front-end web protocols and technologies (HTTP, HTML, CSS, etc)
- 5+ years of server-side web development experience, preferably using Node.JS
- Highly experienced in development using RESTful APIs
- Strong SQL skills and RDBMS knowledge, preferable using Oracle PL/SQL
- Effective written and verbal communicator and team-oriented contributor
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with cloud IaaS platforms such as AWS or MS Azure
- Experience using a large-scale CMS tool
- Knowledge and experience in the publishing industry or in content-driven online media
- Agile/SCRUM development experience