← Back to all jobs
Full Stack Engineer
Our missionIn 2017, one billion immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Wave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed Africans in the US, the UK, and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, & Tanzania, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
In 2016, we expanded our scope and began building a mobile money product for domestic markets in Africa. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, we're creating financial infrastructure that "just works." Our mobile platform in Senegal enables peer-to-peer payments, purchase of goods and services and addresses small business payment needs. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent, starting with Senegal.
We are looking to rapidly expand throughout Africa in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve itAs we move money all over the world at increasing scale, we need technology to do the heavy lifting to accurately account for our financials. We're looking for a full stack engineer to join our Finance Team to build technology that can generate financial information for the broader company and support our financial operations. You'll also work with other members of the Finance Team to jointly build financial tools for Team Leads across the company.
In your first few months, you'll
- Implement an internal API upon which we can build financial dashboards.
- Implement a finance dashboard/interface to allow team members outside of finance to answer financial questions about our business (ex. “What is our revenue from product 'x'?”).
- Minimum 3 years professional experience as a full stack engineer.
- Work authorization in the country in which you intend to be based.
You might be a good fit if you
- Know your way around a database, can write queries using SQL, and draw conclusions from quantitative data.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done. You don't mind doing things manually and dealing with schlep but automate your work when possible.
- Are inquisitive, intellectually curious and can make sense of complex systems or information.
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Bonus points if you
- Are excited to spend several weeks, or more, in Senegal in order to understand our business there
- Are based in Europe or Africa
- Possess hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: ReactJS, GraphQL and Python
or subscribe to receive react jobs in your e-mail
More remote react jobs
UI Developer Modern Tribe
React and React Native Engineer Overloop