Application Prototyping Engineer
This job offer is expired
What you will do
As an application prototyping engineer at imec you will be responsible for the software development of interfaces in a variety of projects in different domains.
You will join a highly skilled well-balanced team of junior and senior designers and developers, operating from our offices in the center of Ghent and Antwerp. You can choose from which of these two cities you prefer to work, as most of the team communication takes place online. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
As an application prototyping engineer at imec you will be responsible for the development of interfaces in a variety of projects in different domains.
- To succeed in this role, you ideally already have a first practical experience in front-end development. You are comfortable with a number of the following technologies:
- Mobile: React Native, iOS app development, Java for Android,…
- Tools: Git, Docker, Jenkins,…
- You are used to quickly learn new technological paradigms (languages, libraries, patterns,…) and are able to efficiently translate system requirements to concrete system functionality.
- You care about making high-quality user experiences.
- You're a strong team player. You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result-driven.
Nice to haves:
- Project management in Scrum
- Micro service architectures
- Machine learning
- Backend development
- Linux sysadmin