Experienced front end engineers to join our corporate pensions team
This job offer is expired
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We’re rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We’re already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there’s never been a more exciting time to join.
These are excellent opportunities for driven candidates to join us as Front-end Engineers in one of our cross-disciplinary feature teams. As a highly experienced member of our wider Engineering team we expect that you to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills as well as mentor our more junior team members.
In return, you’ll enjoy an exciting, innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You will work in a highly collaborative way and enjoy seeing the impact of your work by creating digital experiences on our web, mobile and tablet applications that are being used by millions of our customers every day.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
- Writing modular, well tested front-end applications that remains easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale
- Setting the strategic direction for how front-end applications are developed within the team
- Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
- Mentor and develop more junior front-end engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles.
Skills & requirements
- A “can-do” attitude, capability of bootstrapping projects, and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle
- Strong professional experience with frameworks such as AngularJS or Backbone, ideally React and Flux
- Strong understanding of source code repositories and change management tools, particularly Git
- Knowledge of agile development practices and test automation (Unit testing – Karma/Jasmin/Mocha/Chai, TDD, BDD, Cucumber/Selenium)
- Experience with build processes and release automation (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- Passion for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as npm, Bower, Bundler, Grunt, Gulp, etc. is a plus