Principal Platform Engineer - Simpler, Cheaper, Greener
This job offer is expired
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Team Lead to join an ethical and tech-led company.
We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our member’s experiences.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about helping its industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this.
- Build and maintain Bulb’s web and mobile platforms
- Develop our build tools and server-side infrastructure, built on node
- Help us create simple and elegant solutions to deliver the best user experience
- Collaborate with the team to come up with new and improved ways of doing things
- Track performance and user metrics to identify issues and suggest changes and new features
- Support the software builds; manage and keep the systems up and running by getting involved in deployment, monitoring, logging, and scalability.
- Create a culture of learning, action, innovation, and autonomy
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing environment.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded. If you recognize yourself any of these traits then we’d love for you to send us an application.
- Experienced in leading teams of developers, working with cross-discipline project teams
- You take pleasure from clear code, see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
- You are keen to learn new technologies and improve methodologies and have ideas to improve how we do things
- You enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies.
- You like solving real world and technical problems
- You are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams and departments
- You are passionate about learning and your own professional development
Tech we use:
- Node 6+, ES6, Typescript, and Hapi
- Redux, React, webpack, Babel, Flow, and Github
- Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, and Google Cloud
Application deadline: December 31st, 2017