Software Developer: join team behind the Official Fantasy Premier League
This job offer is expired
You don't need games experience to join us, but you will likely find our passion for sport infectious. Above all, we will welcome your fresh thinking and objective approach. We're building fully responsive browser-based applications which support over six million players worldwide, enabling sport to better engage with fans, to boost diversity with all demographics, and to make sense of large amounts of associated data.
We're now growing our software engineering team, delivering on a healthy pipeline of new capabilities for our clients. We're constantly evolving our methods and platform, with ample chance for you to build new skills, optionally around interaction and UI design, the data layer, back end coding, automation and systems.
To help you get started, we'll try to assign projects that suits your current strengths and we'll always encourage your professional development.
We're open to ideas and you can influence where we go and how we get there.
Example projects - once you're up to speed:
- Implement direct trading between players in our draft game
- Development of API's to power an Alexa FPL skill
- Add an accessible drag and drop option to team management
- Enhance data presentation to help fantasy managers make those crucial decisions
We're looking for
- Someone able to write code that scales, is robust and well tested
- Willingness to learn and apply Python for integration, data and back end elements (we will support your transfer from another back end language)
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar, and writing Web services (REST, JSON) for API-driven services
- A clear desire to learn and improve
Current stack - we'll welcome your influence
React | SASS | Jest | Python 3, Django including Channels and REST Framework | pytest | MySQL | Redis | Docker | Kubernetes | Fastly CDN, NGINX | AWS, GCP | and more
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 to £60,000+ negotiable
- Flexible working environment, and discretionary flexible hours (we do 0930-1730 most days)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays | modern serviced office, with AC | showers | bike parking | workstation and OS of your choice
ISM Fantasy Games, part of the ISM Group, is provider of fantasy sports games loved by millions, with current and previous customers including leagues, sponsors and broadcasters from a wide range of sports. We offer chance to join our friendly and collaborative engineering team. We're semi Agile, with daily standups and a flat team structure, where you can work on features through to fruition. We offer pairing and code reviews to support less experienced colleagues, and autonomy and freedom for well practiced software developers. We're looking for someone who wants to write great software and deliver an excellent experience for our players and customers alike. http://www.ismltd.com/fantasy-games/
Central Bristol, South West UK (ten minutes' walk from each of Bristol Temple Meads station, St Nicholas food market and Cabot Circus shopping centre)
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @wearetechfolk
RECRUITERS: ISM Fantasy Games has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.
How to apply
To apply, you can share your CV via: