Software Developer (Front End)
This job offer is expired
Software Developer (Front End)
Location: Common Code | Melbourne, Australia
Salary AUD $75K- $110K
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 1-5 years.
Role: Software Developer
We are on the hunt for a Software Developer with 1-5 years experience working with front-end technologies to join the Common Code team in delivering quality software products for our clients. We work with a variety of clients from larger corporates to growth stage startups.
We are also interested in chatting with contractors so if you’re only looking for temp work then get in touch.
What you will do:
You will work alongside a team of skilled software developers from Common Code working with a diverse range of clients.
Daily life will include stand-ups, code reviews, workshops, ping-pong, meet-ups and plenty of laughs along the way. We are super passionate about what we do and are constantly looking for new ways to develop ourselves and be the best we can be.
You’ll be expected to do the following:
- Be familiar with the Python language (no need to write code by must be able to interpret)
- Undertake basic DevOps using the Amazon Web Services Console
- Create, update and maintain technical documentation, code comments, end user manuals and deployment procedures
- Interpret software system designs and software architecture schematics to a high degree of accuracy
- Build and implement code and supporting system infrastructure to deliver software based business solutions in line with architected specifications
- Effectively test and document code to ensure adequate performance and security
- Integrate software applications effectively with external systems inline with business functional models
- Provide a basic level of strategic advice for the systems design phase of development
What’s in it for you:
- We are located in the heart of Abbotsford, a stone's throw from countless cafes and restaurants and easily accessible by public transport
- Our workplace is bright, colourful and spacious giving you the freedom to work wherever you want- standing desks, egg chairs, bean bags, couches or some people like to sit at a desk
- We have a fun team culture and are committed to a culture of inclusion and diversity, where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- Wear what you want, we are more interested in your code than a dress code
- Huge career development opportunities, we believe in investing in our people to be the best they can be and offer multiple levels of training both internally and externally
- A weekly delivery of organic fruit, snacks and lunches keep us healthy and well fuelled
- Did I mention we have a huge café style coffee machine and beer taps out the back?
- Further knowledge of Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, testing frameworks, GraphQL, REST will be beneficial
- Computer Science studies or equivalent studies in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another IT related degrees preferred
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment will help, particularly Scrum
- Driven to write great, clean, secure code with a focus on shipping features as a team
- You are constantly exploring new technologies and can be found hanging out at local meetups or hackathons
- 1-5 years in a similar role
Our salary range is between $75,000 to $110,000 depending on your level of experience