This job offer is expired
Location: Common Code | Melbourne, Australia
Salary AUD $75k - 110k
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: 1-5 years
Role: Software Engineer
We are on the hunt for a Software Engineer with 1-5 years experience to work alongside the Common Code team in delivering quality software products for our clients. We work with a variety of clients from larger corporates to growth stage startups.
We are also interested in chatting with contractors so if you’re only looking for temp work then get in touch.
What you will do:
You will work alongside a team of skilled software developers from Common Code working with a diverse range of clients.
Daily life will include stand-ups, code reviews, workshops, ping-pong, meet-ups and plenty of laughs along the way. We are super passionate about what we do and are constantly looking for new ways to develop ourselves and be the best we can be.
You’ll be expected to do the following:
- Design effective testing systems including adequate user and code testing processes that ensure project quality benchmarks are consistently exceeded
- Appropriately document system designs to ensure ease of maintenance and upkeep
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing client systems and implement processes and procedures within the design process to ensure these are addressed
- Work effectively within an Agile environment based on the Scrum project management framework
- Provide strategic advice and assist to create proposals for system solutions
- Assist to create technical project projections to assist with project costing
What’s in it for you:
- We are located in the heart of Abbotsford, a stone's throw from countless cafes and restaurants and easily accessible by public transport
- Our workplace is bright, colourful and spacious giving you the freedom to work wherever you want- standing desks, egg chairs, bean bags, couches or some people like to sit at a desk
- We have a fun team culture and are committed to a culture of inclusion and diversity, where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- Wear what you want, we are more interested in your code than a dress code
- Huge career development opportunities, we believe in investing in our people to be the best they can be and offer multiple levels of training both internally and externally
- A weekly delivery of organic fruit, snacks and lunches keep us healthy and well fuelled
- Did I mention we have a huge café style coffee machine and beer taps out the back?
- Computer Science studies or equivalent in studies in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another IT related degrees preferred
- Driven to engineer user-centric systems with a focus on shipping features as a team
- You are constantly exploring new technologies and can be found hanging out at local meet up or hackathon
- 1-5 years in a similar role
Our salary range is between $75,000 to $110,000 depending on your level of experience