Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
HomeLight is changing the face of real estate one homeowner at a time. We empower consumers to use real agent performance data to make a more informed choice on the biggest financial decision of their lives. Our proprietary, machine learning algorithms analyze over 30 million transactions from 2 million agents to determine the best agents to meet clients' specific home buying or selling needs.
We’ve raised $55 million in funding, and our most recent $40 million series B round was led by Menlo Ventures. With the support of Menlo and other top VC’s like Google Ventures, we are expanding our lean, versatile engineering team.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Take an innovative approach to creating new products, while improving upon our core products.
- Build new web applications and add features and functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of users home buyers, sellers, and agents around the nation.
- Fuel our growth engine by pulling data from disparate sources, ingesting it, and making recommendations.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Design and refactor our databases to support our current and future products and growth.
- Build out our communications infrastructure including telephony, messaging, chat, etc.
- Full-stack, professional web development experience. More is better.
- Experience with one or more SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MySql, SQL Server.
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring.
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks: React, Ember, Backbone, etc.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with web analytics, A/B testing, and agile development methods.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem and Heroku platform.
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc