Senior FRONTEND Developer
This job offer is expired
As a Frontend Engineer in BESTSELLER, you will be working in an international eCommerce company that is leading the market when it comes to site speed and mobile-first layouts. What you build in BESTSELLER will appear on over 160 websites across the world for all our brands, including JACK & JONES, ONLY, and VERO MODA. Together with your colleagues, you will work on our storefront platform to give our customers the best shopping experience possible.
Who we are
Our team of 175+ colleagues from over 40 countries work to create exciting fashion experiences – whenever, wherever. We have high standards and expectations for our team and are always looking for passionate and business-oriented people. We are very proud of our culture and international environment where we care for each other, while always pushing to grow and get better at what we do.
Who you are
An Engineer who is passionate about great UI and User Experience (UX). You know how to build a web user interface from scratch (with or without a framework), respecting the defined design. You are excited about learning and sharing new tech, you have a critical eye, and you know how to use the right tool for the job. Last but not least, you are a Team Player.
Daily tasks will include
• Building new features in the front-end and integrating them with the back-end of our websites
• Conducting code reviews and writing automated tests
• Defining architectural solutions and improvements for the application(s) you’re working on
• Improving performance, standards, and SEO to always adapt to the latest standards
• Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
• Defining improvements to our way of working
• Sharing knowledge with your team members
• 4+ years of experience in Frontend development.
• Experience with module bundlers/task runners such as Browserify, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of software design patterns and principles such as DRY, SoC and SOLID.
• You have knowledge in Design Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
• Experience in NodeJS, SASS and atomic design.
• Understands cross-browser compatibility issues, client-side storage, and performance.
• You are used to work with Scrum, Git (flow), and JIRA
• You have full stack affinity, being interested in databases and backend (micro)services.
• Excellent English communication skills (our company language).
• Bachelor degree or higher computer science/software engineering (or similar).
Key players in our Technology Stack
Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper, AWS EBS, AWS S3, Redis, DynamoDB, MySQL, New Relic,
Docker, Maven, Git, Bitbucket, Zephyr, Appium, Grunt, NodeJS, React, Mocha, SASS, Selenium.
Culture. Be a part of a culture of trust, autonomy, and continuous feedback.
Perks. Competitive salary, huge discount on the latest fashions from Bestseller, relocation assistance, gym memberships, catered breakfast, and lunch, but most importantly, being apart of a family-oriented company that takes care of their employees.
Development. Extensive onboarding, personal development support focused on becoming an expert or a leader, the opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
Team. Join a highly-accomplished team comprised of 40+ nationalities, and a company with over 15,000 employees all over the world.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly below. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Laura Gonzalez, Recruitment Specialist on [email protected]