Senior Software Engineer Web Frameworks
This job offer is expired
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter: Sara Bettencourt
As an Engineer in the Fundamentals Team in Berlin, you’ll help creating a customer facing web framework for fashion that enables other teams to be independent in their work, improve the user experience and business performance through easy experimentation.
Imagine an infrastructure that enables sharing of existing components and that scales technically as well as organisationally.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
You will tackle this challenge by evolving our Mosaic architecture (www.mosaic9.org) working on backend for frontend API orchestration; build, test and deploy automation; tooling support (CLI and web) and last but not least, top-notch coding.
- Working on services that serve all the content for 21 million active customers, as they browse our Fashion Store
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to enable them delivering on their purpose
- Challenging the status quo by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience building REST APIs, including knowledge of what goes on in HTTP(S) requests. Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus.
- Ready to operate your services on cloud based environments like Kubernetes or AWS EC2.
We search for talents that are eager to join our team. So even if you don’t fulfil all criteria, please just let us know why you think you are a phenomenal addition to our team!
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Work happens in international dynamic teams. Openness and idea exchange are not only encouraged, they’re lived. Collaboration extends beyond your immediate team, as we pull together across functions, locations and management levels to achieve shared goals in a cohesive way.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.