← Back to all jobs
Head of Frontend Engineering
This job offer is expired
About The Block
Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career. We are on the frontier of one of the most thrilling ecosystems in technology and money: cryptocurrency and blockchain.
We provide a “Crypto Simplified” experience for enthusiasts and market participants by introducing a trusted, accessible brand, and set of products into a thicket of dense, high noise, and often fraudulent sources of information. The Block’s value proposition is built around credible and real-time insight, analysis, news, and information about this fast-moving, complex, and critically important space. We are now building beyond our core media brand into a full suite of products that will grow to encompass both digital and physical communities. This will complement our media and information properties -- and create a vibrant, trusted digital and physical community space for learning and growth.
We will be the most credible and accessible touchpoint for the next 100M people who enter the global cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem!
As Head of Frontend Engineering, you will be The Block’s second software engineering hire, responsible for frontend systems architecture, implementation, and support. You will be improving our existing applications (The Block website and newsletter) and expanding our digital offerings, including the launch of a community platform and paid subscriptions. It is critical for you to be able to balance robust software development practices with time-to-market considerations. The Block is still in the early stages of development, and we’re looking for engineers who will focus on launching products quickly and efficiently.
As Head of Frontend Engineering, your responsibilities will be ...
- Support The Block, a Wordpress site hosted on Pantheon.
- Support The Block Newsletter, a daily email newsletter.
- Architect, implement, and support paid, subscription services.
- Architect, implement, and support a community platform for cryptocurrency enthusiasts.
- Ensure our user facing applications implement security best practices.
- Ensure our user facing applications are performant and accessible.
- Establish best practices for a growing software engineering team.
- Advise the CTO on engineering hiring, participate in the engineering interview process.
We're looking for someone with the following qualifications ...
- 5 years experience as a professional software engineer.
- Expertise in modern, responsive, frontend web application development.
- Expertise in automated testing of frontend web applications.
- Experience with collaborative software development, source control management.
- Experience with build and automation systems (TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Experience with WordPress, Stripe, multi-client email templating a big plus.
More remote react jobs
Senior React Native Engineer Foxbox Digital
Senior Fullstack Developer for Chatbot App Scalable Path
Senior Front-End Developer ImpactMapper