Senior Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
We are going through huge transformation. Be part of that change and make a difference to technology of the future at IRESS.
As we grow, we’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help build our building our award-winning financial planning product - XPLAN. It’s used by over a thousand financial services firms in 6 countries, enabling them to help millions of people when it comes to life’s big financial decisions. As one of our flagship products, it’s been rated the number one in financial planning software for the 10th consecutive year and is used by the majority of wealth management firms in Australia. Video of XPLAN here.
- We believe in building products that “just work”. Through our Labs initiative, we embrace user feedback and whilst constantly experimenting.
- Solve new problems as we introduce AI, Machine Learning, Event Sourcing and Data Analytics
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Contribute to implementing a DevOps culture including choice of technology and tooling.
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Provide relative estimates for the development effort, validate and improve continuously.
- Collaborate with team members in a self-autonomous AGILE squad (no bigger than 4 / 5 people) where everyone is involved in product decisions.
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Help us introduce microservices and containerisation using Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Join a culture of innovation, participating in our monthly “CodeIT” hackathon
- Grow your technical and leadership skills through formal training, lunch and learns and by attending conferences. Our teams use Pluralsight and Egghead. We also host the occasional meetup too.
- Enjoy views of the harbour from our brand new Barangaroo office. Includes collaborative working spaces, games area, meditation room and café.
- Experience as Software Engineer, Developer, Programmer, Web Developer, Front End Engineer, UI Engineer etc or equivalent training
- Deep understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Deep understanding of WCAG 2.0 (desired)
- Best practice around implementing responsive design (desired)
- Flexible working
- Subsidized health insurance
- 3 days leave per year to participate in charity initiatives
- Access to various learning and development programs.
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers) and the ability to work part time when returning to work.