This job offer is expired
Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the Netherlands, and we’re hiring!
Who are we?
Tiqets revolutionises the way people access culture and attractions worldwide. We make it easy for customers from around the world to browse and book tickets to the best venues at home and abroad. We empower venues by helping them connect with new markets, by providing insights into their visitors, and technologies to better connect with them.
As a Frontend Developer you will be working on our core web platform, directly contributing to how our customers and partners experience our product. The majority of our customers are travelling while using our website, so we focus on building frictionless and high performing front-end solutions for the mobile web. Our B2B partner portals provide functionality and data insights for the museums, attractions, and distribution partners with whom we work.
You like to work in an agile way; going from idea to deployment might take a few hours or up to a few weeks. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product managers, design, UX and back-end engineers. You can get things done fast, but in a smart and future-proof way.
- Work closely together with UX, designers and product owners to transform requirements and mockups into new functionality that millions of people will use
- Collaborate with designers to build and maintain the Design System for our websites and products
- Build and maintain web UIs with semantics, accessibility, performance, and quality always in mind
- Perform bug-fixes, analyze and improve front-end performance
- Build cross-device functionality for desktop, tablet and mobile website users
- Plan and execute A/B tests to continuously improve the website and user experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of professional front-end developer experience
- Experience with CSS (Sass, BEM, ITCSS) and HTML5
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Experience with working in an agile product development environment
- Good knowledge of how browsers work in terms of performance, security, and functionality
- Experience with developing for different types of platforms and device sizes
- You can communicate effectively and translate requirements into well designed technical solutions
- Excellent English communication skills
- Living in the Netherlands/EU region
- Experience writing front-end tests using tools like PhantomJS and Selenium
- Experience working with Python or a similar back-end language
- Experience with Google Analytics (Enhanced Ecommerce), A/B testing tools like Optimizely/VWO, Google Tag Manager
- Experience working in travel/ticketing or e-commerce in general
- Worked on a medium to large scale web application with hundreds of thousands to millions of visitors every month.
What we offer
- A competitive salary, opportunities to learn, a training budget.
- Lots of responsibility and influence within our flat company culture. We’re professional but informal; we never wear suits.
- A global team of highly skilled and ambitious colleagues.
- A development team centered in Amsterdam; we strive to stay as close to one another as possible.
- A central Amsterdam location (near the Amstel Station).
- Discounted tickets to culture, and a healthy testing budget too.
- Fresh coffee, tea, fruit and lunch every day.
- Social events, Friday night drinks, regular information sharing sessions (more often than not with beer and pizza), and lots more!