Senior front-end developer
This job offer is expired
As a front-end developer at Jumbo you will contribute to important online projects. For example we are now redesigning and re-architecting our flagship product the jumbo.com website. Do you care about the quality of the code and the products you make and are you looking for a job in which you have freedom to discover new things? Than this is your chance to join our Jumbo front-end guild!
Your main tasks as a front-end developer
- You play an important role building a state of the art fronted framework for the jumbo.com website (vue js component library , server-side rendering, seo optimilization) that is linked to a living style guide;
- You will Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to solve them;
- You will be part of one of our scrum teams and work closely with UX designers and micro services (AWS) backend developers;
- You will be part of our front-end guild: Within this guild we share knowledge and discuss topics that should be aligned for the whole department. Things like code guidelines, design guidelines etc
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
We are looking for front-end developers with passion for their craft, who care about the quality of the code and of the products they create. You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as a front-end developer
- A proven experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Angular, React or Vue.
- Experience with Git and understanding of GitFlow.
- Unit testing, performance, cross-browser compatibility and clean code is in your DNA.
- Experience with Sass is a plus.
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. We will offer you plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Also, you will be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with.
Of course, youll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more important:
- We value your code more than your dress code;
- We are a food retailer so of course you can have a delicious lunch in our food café;
- we are a family company so we want you to become part of our Jumbo Tech Campus family;
- We will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time;
- We offer a working environment in which you can learn, grow and have lots of fun! For example, you can participate in our daily foosball competition;