← Back to all jobs
Senior Frontend Developer
This job offer is expired
Conferize is on a mission to enable anyone to gather a community, share knowledge and create change. So we’re building a universal and social event solution to help event makers create the biggest impact. Without fuss or big budgets. Why? Because we need to meet.
How We Work
At Conferize we strive to cultivate a multicultural environment where work, socializing and personal development go hand in hand. We invest in people who are driven and motivated and believe in changing the status quo. We love creative thinkers and self starters, who never wait to be told what to do.
We believe in a flat bottom-up organization of work where culture trumps policy. We have little-to-no ‘middle layer’, as our team work semi-autonomously and leadership is semi-internalized. We’re 100 % product-driven, operating with a zero bug policy and exceptional product design; how things look, how they work and how they’re built.
Like us you’re ambitious and professional, yet nice to be around. You have excellent standards for how you communicate and collaborate. We’ll give you everything you need to do your absolute best, most creative and challenging work – with the least amount of frustration. Oh, and we never outsource development and we don’t work with arbitrary deadlines, because we believe both lead to bad solutions.
Our main office is in Copenhagen and we work with flexible hours. Working remotely is an option if you’re in no more than 1 hour from our main time zone (Central European Time).
We believe in fewer great people than many average and invest in people who are self-driven. We have a zero-bug policy and actively try to avoid technical debt.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Have a team mentality. We help each other thrive in order to help our customers make great events.
- High degree of motivation and engagement.
- Collaborative, upfront, positive attitude.
- Effective, responsible and self-driven team players.
- Pragmatic but with a high attention to detail.
- You see and understand the mechanisms and hidden details which make a digital product unique.
- You’ve been part of a product driven organisation and have hands-on UX and design experience developing professional digital products.
- You are located in Copenhagen, or within maximum 1 hour timezone difference.
- All positions are full time (37 hours pr. week).
We’re obviously hunting for someone who understands why creating digital products is the best drug of the world.
Special Requirements for Remote Workers
- You must have high speed Internet and a quality video camera (720p+) and a good microphone for Google Hangouts.
- You must be able to travel to Copenhagen, Denmark (at our expense) team building get-togethers.
- You must be online throughout your work day, especially during core business hours 10 am to 3 pm CET, using Slack for communication with the distributed team.
The ideal front-end developer candidate is a pragmatic generalist, has great communication skills and is able to juggle multiple tasks. We are currently transitioning to a new isomorphic front-end experience based upon React and Apollo with a Ruby on Rails backend which provides our GraphQL API.
- At least 1 year of AngularJS, React or similar experience.
- Proficient understanding of CSS.
- Understand and able to implement smooth browser based animations at 60FPS.
- You care about writing semantic well formed code and paying attention to standards and good practices.
- You live and breathe the web. It’s close to your heart, at your fingertips.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- You’re a Mac person.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- Experience with MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL.
What We Offer
- To be part of an adventure. With a great team of highly motivated and engaged individuals, who are also great team players. We are on an exciting journey towards something big.
- Opportunity to work with the latest technologies on the next iteration of Conferize being rebuilt from the ground up which you’ll be heavily involved in. We’re building a cutting edge product and user experience.
- Real participation and team work. You are not getting a list of stuff to do; you are part of the process of both deciding and doing. Your opinion is valued.
- Competitive salary/equity.
- Option to work remotely, or joining us in our awesome workspace in Copenhagen, in the heart of the city’s thriving startup scene.
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off as you need it.
NOTE: If you are representing a developer or an outsourcing company we are not interested. Please do not email us.
More remote react jobs
Front-End Developer-on innovation team CoverMyMeds
React Native Engineer Diamond
UX Engineer Power Home Remodeling Group
UI Developer Modern Tribe