Frontend Developer, Senior
This job offer is expired
COzero is a Sydney based energy technology company founded in 2006. Our mission is to help companies use energy smarter through an automated analytics engine that crunches data from electricity meters. To date we have supported more than 300 Australian businesses to reduce their energy consumption. We're now expanding internationally, taking our Aussie innovation to Japan, Singapore, the USA and beyond. We are motivated by the enormous challenge facing us all: climate scientists are painting a dark picture of the future if we don't take action to reduce our impact on the planet. At COzero, we recognise the need for the private sector to step up and take a leadership role.
If you are a talented Senior Frontend Developer who shares our passion for environmental sustainability then we are looking for you! You will be responsible for delivering the front end interfaces and APIs that allow our customers to save electricity and reduce their carbon footprint.
What You'll Do
- You'll build out new features for EnergyLink's frontend as we transition from static Ruby on Rails views to a React.js oriented frontend
- You'll mentor other developers through code reviews and pairing sessions;
- You’ll help document best practices (e.g. coding standards, decisions around which software to use, policies/processes/procedures for front end development) and revisit them regularly so we continuously improve;
- You'll develop and refine the THREE Ps (Policies, Processes and Procedures) surrounding the development and deployment of our user interfaces;
- You'll guide the product roadmap by providing advice on services and back end capabilities;
- You'll stay on top of new technologies and processes to help shape the direction of our products;
- You'll work closely with Product Owners, UX and UI in the implementation of product and service front-ends.
Who You Are
- You have a keen interest in cleantech, energy efficiency, environment and/or sustainability;
- You’re an experienced Frontend Developer/Engineer with over five years experience;
- You have experience with React, GraphQL, PWAs and data visualisation libraries like D3.js;
- You love to GSD;
- You have the courage to stand up for your beliefs built on sound logic and reasoning;
- You have solid interpersonal skills - able to collaborate, delegate, facilitate, and negotiate as needed;
- You know why web accessibility is important and how to implement it;
- You are across i10n.
Our Frontend Technology Stack
- Ruby on Rails - most of the app is built using static views in Rails
- SCSS - we use SCSS to style our rails views
- React JS - we are starting to build new features in React and will transition older features across as part of a UI refresh
- D3.js - we use NVD3 (a wrapper around D3) to display charts of electricity usage
- GraphQL - we have started bringing in GraphQL for new API endpoints (currently using Apollo on the client side)
- Jest - for front end testing
- RSpec/Capybara - for UI tests
- Styled components - we are using styled components for our React components
- Atlassian » Bitbucket - to store code
- Confluence - for documentation
- JIRA - for bug tracking
- HipChat (soon to be Stride) - for in team communication
- Docker - we try to use Docker as much as possible for dev environments.
Our Broader Stack
- AWS - all our infrastructure is on AWS
- Buildkite - we use Buildkite for CI
- Terraform - we use Terraform to manage infrastructure
- Python - our data analytics engine is written in Python
- Lambda - for microservices
- ECS - for running some of our data processing jobs
- AWS Redshift for data warehousing
- PostgreSQL, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Redshift
About the team
We are a small company (~25 people) based in Surry Hills. There are currently six devs in the DevOps team - two of whom concentrate on the front end stack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.