Software Engineer, UI Platform Open Source
This job offer is expired
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a frontend engineer on the UI Platform team at Uber, you will build the foundation for all web applications at Uber. This team focuses on providing a performant, secure and reliable web ecosystem for all of our users (riders, drivers and our internal operations & logistics teams) through the creation and support of developer tools, systems, and frameworks. The team’s main goal is to make Uber’s web engineers productive and its web applications high quality.
Our current tech stack utilizes React.js & Redux, ES2016+, and Node.js. Our design team uses Figma to create user interface designs.
What You’ll Do
- Build the user interface component library for all of Uber’s 300+ web applications
- Create developer tools to increase productivity and quality of our product teams
- Continue to refine and define our tech stack, utilizing open source tools and generalizing product-specific code
- Contribute features and fixes back to open source software used by Uber, or create and promote our own open source tools
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams to drive company-wide, large-scale projects
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
- Embed with non-open source software teams as needed to assist in development and spread open source best practices
What You’ll Need
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others
- You are passionate about open source, especially when it comes to welcoming new contributors
Bonus Points If
- You have experience building component libraries
- You have experience with public speaking / you’d like to give it a try