← Back to all jobs
Front-end developer/engineer: Angular(1) + React (NodeJS experience a plus)
This job offer is expired
Sked Social helps our customers schedule and manage their content on Instagram and other social media platforms.
We work with customers from small businesses through to global brands, and everything in between. We're a startup with a team of ~25, profitable and scaling up our offering to customers.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer to be part of our team.
Our front-end is currently Angular1 with some React mixed in. We're looking for someone who will be able to help us progressively transition to React, as well as make some updates to the existing Angular1 code when it's not time effective to switch over (yet).
More broadly, we operate on a MEAN stack, so experience with NodeJS is helpful but not required.
Our iOS and Android apps are React Native, so experience with RN is also helpful but not required.
We have a fully remote team distributed around the world. We work hard to keep our customers around the globe happy, and we're proud of our success over the last 5+ years.
You'll be collaborating particularly with our head of engineering based in US Eastern timezone (that's the more important one!).
The core mission of our engineers is to build a product that our customers will love.
You will work hard to create new features, refactor code, and build new services entirely in collaboration with your engineering colleagues and our product team.
You'll be the owner of all things front end, from build processes to deployment.
You will bring your past experience to help us iterate rapidly and build for the future.
We'll know you are successful when you:
- Become the 'engineering owner' of both some existing feature areas and new ones
- Actively collaborate with your engineering colleagues and the product team
- Put yourself in the shoes of the customer and try to understand what they need
- Deploy bug-free code to production that is easily maintainable
- Improve code quality as you work
- Work on short release cycles to iteratively test and refine our platform
On the front end, we are mostly AngularJS (1.x) with Gulp for our build process.
There are some existing React components mixed in, but the expectation of this role will be to work with the product and engineering teams to identify the best path to progressively migrate to only React, refactoring and updating existing code along the way as necessary.
On the backend, we use NodeJS and MongoDB, with a bit of Redis and Elasticsearch.
Our servers are all in AWS, and we make use of tech like S3 and Cloudfront to make DevOps easy for delivering the front end.
It'd be great if you have experience working in an agile/kanban environment with Git for SCM (branching, merging, pull requests – we use GitFlow as our workflow).
Experience designing and writing unit tests within frameworks such as Mocha and Karma is also helpful.
Of course, you should be comfortable working with a command line (Unix/Linux, SSH).
Your Experience & Skills
You're a fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience working with AngularJS and React (required) – you'll be our "translator" helping us move from one to the other (required)
- Have 3+ years of experience with modern HTML/CSS , LESS and Bootstrap a plus. (required)
- Have worked with and familiar with modern build and compilation tools, such as Webpack, Gulp and Grunt. (required)
- Have shipped product (that is, something people paid for!) in a B2B SaaS environment in the past (required)
- Have worked full time remotely in the past (preferred)
- Love working in a small team
- Take ownership and initiative in your work
- Are not afraid of debugging complicated issues or working on refactoring/updating older code
- Want to hit the ground running and get straight into the 'thick of it'
- Can collaborate across timezones and have flexible availability to work with a global team
- Love deploying well-tested and effective code to production
- Like to work on a mix of new projects and improvements to existing features
Some understanding or experience in social media management and/or social networks (from a business users' perspective) is a plus, but definitely not required.
More remote react jobs
Remote Senior Full-Stack Node/React Developer Scalable Path
Senior Front-end Engineer (React.js, Next.js) DealTracker
Senior Fullstack Developer for Chatbot App Scalable Path