Software Developer (UI)
Western National is seeking a front-end developer to assist our application development team in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, development, unit testing, implementation of new software solutions, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work in an agile environment with other IT teams.
- Collaborate with business partners to implement new features.
- Estimate effort and assist in prioritization of business feature requests.
- Identify and resolve software application issues.
- Prepare technical design specifications, flow charts, and data flow diagrams.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Implement software solutions based on business requirements.
- Identify and implement process enhancements and automation.
- Regular interaction with business partners across organization.
- Occasional interaction with external vendors.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- Strong experience with HTML5 / CSS3 / SCSS.
- Moderate to strong experience with Vue or similar web frameworks (React, Angular).
- Moderate to strong experience developing or consuming REST web services.
- Moderate to strong experience developing with Java is highly desired.
- Experience with build tools such as npm and webpack.
- Experience with version control (SVN or Git).
- Experience with Dev Ops and/or continuous integration (CI) tools (Jenkins) is useful.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.