Full stack/frontend software engineer W/M
This job offer is expired
The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
We are looking for a self motivated full stack/frontend software engineer (W/M) to join our team and help us with the development of our visualization tools.
You will be working in a dynamic team with highly skilled software engineers and our goal is to aid scientists in visualizing and understanding their (neuroscientific) data.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Your responsibility will be to develop new features for our current interactive 3D viewer Brayns(on the frontend) and maintain existing ones, and to drive the development of our new hub application where the scientists can manage their data visualizations.
Your profile :
- 5+ years experience in full stack/frontend engineering
- 5+ years designing, developing, and scaling modern web applications
- Experience using the dev tools for debugging, profiling, perf. evaluation, etc.
- Understanding of both the object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Knowledge of code chunking strategies
- Experience writing unit tests using Jest and component tests using Enzyme (or similar technologies)
- Experience with VCS (Git, Github, etc.)
- Knowledge of common UI/UX design patterns and ability to implement/use them accordingly
- Knowledge of the Material Design spec
- REST, WebSocket
- Jest, Enzyme
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of C++
We offer :
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based research in neuroscience using supercomputers
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment