Senior UI Engineer
This job offer is expired
Summary of Role
Puppet is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior UI Software Engineer to deliver high quality, innovative enterprise and open source software that Discover and Manage millions of resources every day. You will be working with technologies such as React and platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure and Google in order to deliver an amazing user experience for Puppet customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a talented engineering team delivering against roadmap strategy for the company and doing so in an iterative environment. You will collaborate with developers, user researchers, and product managers to lead and shape the design and development, delivering high quality & innovative software. You will also help promote the usage of Puppet in conjunction with an ever evolving list of technology platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent subject)
- Experience working closely with key stakeholders across the engineering team, including Architects, Product Owners and UX designers.
- 4+ years hands-on experience building user interfaces with frameworks such as jQuery, Backbone, React, Angular.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as React, Angular or Ember a bonus.
- Experience in the delivery of commercial grade / enterprise class software
- Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum
- Expert knowledge of browser behavior, performance, compatibility and cross-browser issues and solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with git source code control, code review tools, etc.
- Knowledge of adapting for a world market with localisation and internationalisation
- Experience in mentoring Junior UI Engineers.
- An aptitude and interest in learning
- Strong automated testing skills, and a solid understanding of continuous integration practices
- Experience with delivering code in a controlled environment and adhering to appropriate configuration management process
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Experience with a configuration management system, e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Awareness of Container Technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker