Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
We’re looking for experienced Front-End Developers to take ownership of our sites product. Hearsay Sites power the consumer-facing sites for advisors at some of the largest financial companies in the world. Our customers can push targeted marketing content both holistically to an entire field team and individually based on a representative’s market and needs. Our sites generate leads and direct consumers to other social media channels, while providing powerful and effective regulatory compliance workflows. If you’re purely motivated by the latest buzzwords, then this might not be the right fit for you. Our product is powerful but simple, and we want to keep it that way.
What this job is:
- Caring about a quality experience for end users: Representatives and customer admins need to have an easy and efficient experience customizing their sites, but they’re only successful if consumers visit the sites and find them easy and useful on every device.
- Building performant, mobile-first websites: Consumer-facing sites and apps convert most successfully when they’re fast. We want our sites to deliver best-in-class performance on small and large devices.
- Optimizing for SEO: Search engines are continually changing what information they want from websites, to make them easy to find, and our customers expect us to be on the leading edge of this.
- Building accessible websites: We think it’s not only right, but cool, to make products that all web users can access and understand. While prior experience with building accessible websites and apps isn’t a requirement, an interest in doing so definitely is.
- Building reliable products: Testing is important. We want to have confidence that our sites work on multiple platforms and can handle all the variety of content our customers will throw at them.
What this job is not:
- Building apps around real-time data or massive concurrency
- Using the latest sexy-but-totally-unnecessary frameworks
- Building Single-Page Apps with client-side everything
What your day might look like:
- Refactoring our customizable website theme so it scales to the needs of as many customers as possible. Right now it’s built in React and we’d love to move much of the React rendering to the server.
- Moving our website themes beyond bootstrap where appropriate.
- Helping us transition our website theme and profile editing UIs from Backbone to modern React and Redux.
- Speeding up our sites with better server-side caching, service worker caching, more server-side rendering, better build tools, and maybe even HTTP2.
- Building stronger test coverage so we spend less time and resources on product support.
- Making the sorts of small markup and style changes that are basic on the surface but have a huge impact for our customers.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to speak with you! Opportunities for team leadership and career advancement come with this role as we build out our Budapest team.