This job offer is expired
Salary: from £42,000 per annum when working full time (35 hours a week)
Becoming our new Lead Developer puts you at the forefront of cutting edge software design and implementation. You will be supported by some of the best developers in EdTech and Cyber Security, using the latest cloud-based technologies. We are designing forward thinking products for our education customers and you can genuinely make the difference between developing a stellar website and not just an acceptable one - making a difference to hundreds of institutions and councils.
We want innovative and enthusiastic developers excited by new challenges. You will be working in our amazing Harwell office (with onsite subsidised canteen) on Harwell Science Park and drive development that stands out as the best in the market. You will also get the choice between a Windows computer and a MacBook.
We encourage the use of new ideas, technologies and embrace the exciting world of DevOps and agile development to keep our products real and focussed on the needs of our customers.
We want Jisc to be a great place to work. A place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun – how we work is a vital part of that. Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are:
- Pride: We have pride in what we do but aren’t arrogant or complacent
- Passion: Our passion drives everything we do
- Pace: We deliver at the right pace to meet the needs of our members and each other
- Trust: You can trust us to deliver on our promises
- Teamwork: We are one team and teamwork makes us better
About the role
We will need your expertise to be part of a brand-new delivery team within the security services group. Your team will be responsible for customer-facing, online delivery of all security services, including the new cyber security portal and online presence. The externally developed phase 1 of the portal now enables Jisc’s DDoS Mitigation services to be delivered to our community.
You will be forming a team to bring the majority of portal development in-house, using your own experience and creativity. Your portal will become the essential mode of delivery for all security services, as well as a major channel for customer communications and on-boarding.
We’re looking for a security-conscious developer who must consider best practice and robust security approaches, as well as:
- Previous experience working on customer-facing web applications
- Expert with the latest HTML5 & CSS3 API's
- Experience in Node.js and React development
- Strong Agile experience
Why work at Jisc
- We’re working towards being a pretty flexible organisation and our people having a good work/life balance is important to us. We focus on outputs and outcomes rather than presenteeism, so as long as you’re delivering to our high standards and doing a great job, we are open to a variety of working arrangements.
- We’re constantly learning and developing, and all our people have access to a comprehensive range of learning resources to help them achieve this.
- Our benefits are pretty good too – we offer 25 days holiday (plus 3 days Christmas closure), contribute a huge 18% to your 8% for your pension from day one, and can provide discounts with various IT suppliers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans, and generous parental leave arrangements (amongst many other things).
- We will be putting all our cyber security professionals through CISSP qualifications which you can be a part of.
This role will be based in Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK may be required at times.
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We are continuing to drive an inclusive culture, so if you are great at what you do and embrace our values, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.