Senior React Native Developer
This job offer is expired
Join the Carry team in engaging this generation with the Bible.
We are a small passionate team based in beautiful Launceston Tasmania, developing a mobile application to help engage young people with the Bible. Backed by leading tech investors, we offer an exciting opportunity for the right individual to be a part of our early stage startup and join us on our Journey to scale. If you’re up for the challenge, read on!
About the Role
We’re looking for a full-time senior react native developer to work with us remotely, then to potentially relocate to our turf in Tasmania, Australia for a once in a lifetime experience! You will primarily work on the Carry Bible mobile app in React, React Native and Swift. Experience with Objective-C and Java is recommended. You will also collaborate with others on our team to create a well-designed, fast & smooth app experience. As a key member of a small team, you will be working closely with the founder/CEO and administration to continuously deliver quality development and improve the dev team.
The most important characteristics for joining our team are:
- You are motivated to effectively manage, push and build our dev team.
- You are always learning new methods and techniques to stay ahead of the game
- You are self-driven and don't need constant prompting to get work done
- You apply yourself to challenges in a constructive manner
- If applying from overseas, you have no health or character concerns which would foreseeably disqualify you for an Australian Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
Perks and Compensation:
As an early stage startup, we will reward developers with a fixed-salary package of between $70,000 and $120,000 AUD. An individualised relocation package will be discussed with applicants during the interview process.
- Ability to create clean, efficient code
- Diligence in learning and using new technologies and paradigms
- Ability to implement effective UX design & interactions.
- Ability to engineer code for optimum performance and responsiveness
Location (in the case of relocation):
Launceston is a small city on a tiny island south of Australia, and by small, we mean a 15 minute commute. It's the perfect island paradise - pristine beaches for surfing, rugged mountains for climbing, and the cleanest air in the world. And if the great outdoors isn't your thing, there are plenty of music, art and food events and festivals to keep you occupied. We have extremely high standard of living in Tas, with very affordable living costs.
Recommended Technology Experience:
- 2+ years developing mobile applications with React Native
- 4+ years experience writing Objective-C or Swift
- 2+ years experience React JS
- Experience in developing and shipping real-world mobile applications
- Experience in Redux
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with NoSQL databases