Principal Software Engineer (Node + React)
This job offer is expired
Principal Software Engineer – Soluto
Soluto Nashville is focused on making people love and get the most from technology. We’re a strong team of product-oriented developers, therefore we don’t just write code - we analyze the impact we have on users and measure it obsessively. Using cutting edge technology combined with great methodologies around Continuous Integration & Deployment, awesome code is pushed to production almost every day. Supporting about 280 million customers means we face some fascinating challenges around scale, user experience and quality.
Who’s the perfect match for us?
- A highly motivated developer with experience in development, design and architecture.
- There are no traditional managers, so you’re going to have to be extremely responsible and independent.
- We’re using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we’ll need you to be agile and data-driven too.
- Our culture focuses on constantly improving at what we do, and this requires open-minded people who love to learn and create.
- Cloud Architecture (AWS) with Micro-Services (Docker and Serverless) and high availability best practices
- Agile, Lean, Kanban, CI, CD and DevOps
- Unit Tests, Integration Tests and End-to-End Tests
As a Principal Software Engineer at Asurion, here’s what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to our company
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a title
- Collaborate with designers to define prototypes of web pages and components
- Write user interface code (web/mobile)
- Write server-side code
- Write unit tests, integration tests, and functional (E2E) tests
- Automate deployment and management of our platform using cloud technologies
- Share your skills and experience with more junior engineers to help them get better
- Evangelize best practices
- Lead teams to deliver solutions to complex problems
- Ensure quality, performance, and responsiveness of applications
- Ensure timely delivery of product features and bug fixes
- Be a thought leader and have an impact across teams
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- At least 6 years (8 years is preferred) of experience building modern software
- Great experience in full-stack software development
- A passion for software architecture, and great experience in designing APIs that are a joy to use
- Great experience with design patterns (Object Oriented or Functional)
- Great experience with server-side technologies like Java or NodeJS and modern tools to build RESTful web services
- Mobile experience is a plus
- Great experience with Agile methodologies
- Superior communication skills, and the ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary
- Superior thought leadership skills and ability to influence technical solutions across teams
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude