Software Engineering Manager
This job offer is expired
Arcadia requires a talented and motivated Software Engineering Manager who will be responsible for driving forward a large part our transformation programme. You will be accountable for our in-house custom built user experience platform (built using Node.JS & React.JS on AWS) and it’s engineering teams. We want to continue to build out a world class function that will support our strategic direction and brand ambitions of becoming the best digital retails on the high street.
Arcadia believes that empowering the entire team will lead to great things. To achieve this, you will need to lead the way with technology and best practices to make sure we grow our expertise and ability.
Our environment is fast paced and challenging therefore this is an engineering management role which requires a resilient self-starter with a focus on delivery whilst maintaining a deep understanding of the tech stack.
The strong proven track record of delivering results consistently and the ability to plan, organise self and teams in order to achieve stretched objectives and targets will be the beacon for our overall transformation.
You will showcase our success stories both internally and externally, and lastly act as a mentor to those that look up to you.
About your accountabilities/responsibilities
- Own and operate the engineering teams that deliver our user experience platform.
- This is not a hands on coding role, however you will be required to get stuck in at the code level from time to time to help educate the team on best practice or showing them a new feature of an updated library.
- Implement best practice agile techniques.
- Continually develop the teams to improve effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Create and action a clear communication plan with all team touch points e.g. progress, dependencies, KPIs etc.
- Full line management duties.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an appropriate software delivery life cycle that supports the business regarding involvement, speed & quality.
- Drive the continuous improvement of software delivery within the teams and contribute to best practices across the function.
- Reduce technical debt to ensure maintainability and reduce costs of running
- Ensuring that the on-going maintenance and support of the products and systems is of industry leading quality.
- Provide an environment for significant innovation and improvement.
- Promote internally and showcase externally the team’s success.
- Have played a key role in a technology transformation programme that has taken a department from Waterfall to Agile
- Have built world class engineering teams that focused on high throughput, engineering happiness and overall business success
- Expertise in technically leading teams that are comprised of both dev and test automation engineers
- Highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, detail oriented self-starter
- Technically strong enough to be the ultimate design authority for all software development decisions within your team (the what and the how).
- Excellent understanding of continuous integration/delivery, test automation and agile concepts and methodologies.
- Exceptional presentation, inter-personal, written and communication skills.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Graciously disruptive.
- Have a wide network to draw from and leverage.
- Proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality software systems.
- Proven experience of working with business stakeholders, Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods.
- Keep up to date on in the industry, continuously improve on and blog about areas of technology interest.