Senior Front End Developer
Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revels streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Revel works with businesses from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth.
We're a team of engineers focusing on doing things the right way from the get-go. We breakdown monoliths into microservices that scale on the fly, in the cloud. Our current system runs on Backbone, React, Python/Django and every three-letter service you've heard of from AWS. We're building our design language from scratch, migrating to 100% React and standardizing reusable components across the board. We do Agile with a CI on peer-reviewed and unit tested code. Sound like you? Read on.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will
- Develop new features and improve existing features taking on more complex, mission critical components
- Provide oversight of the technical design to ensure sound, scalable architecture guidelines and objectives
- Help establish and instill development best practices including code reviews and unit testing.
- Be part of a culture of ownership and quality with a sense of urgency
- Engage with product owners, product management, QA and other stakeholders to ensure key objectives are met.
- At least 5 years designing and developing business applications as a Frontend engineer
- Experience directing junior engineers, delegating tasks, providing guidance and overseeing deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Software Architecture, Systems Integration Concepts
- Experience with the design and implementation of REST APIs and services
- Agile methodologies and Scrum experience using TDD and continuous integration
- Experience with React, Backbone, jQuery, Angular or any similar framework.
- Experience developing retail solutions including e-commerce, inventory management, labor management, and payment processing is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer science, math, engineering or comparable degree
- Employee benefits: gym & commuter subsidy, referral bonus, healthcare, wellness programs, and 401K plan
- Office Happy Hours
- Quarterly and annual company outing
- Apple equipment