Front End Developer - Streaming Video
This job offer is expired
Homegrown stories and hollywood hits. At HOOQ we’re telling millions of stories to billions of people across Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, and India. Just like our content, our team comes from around the world, we’re ambitious, driven and unique, we embrace the difference. There’s many paths people take to join us, what links us together is our love of stories.
HOOQ is backed by some of the biggest players in entertainment, we’re a joint venture between Singtel, Sony and Warner Brothers. We build for the customer first to deliver original, local and international content on their phone, tablet, computer and television wherever they are.
It’s an exciting time to be at HOOQ! Our team is growing again, which means we are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Front End Developer to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team. You will help shape how we build and grow our service in the region.
- Work with server-side APIs written in various frameworks and languages.
- Build responsive web applications that work across mobile and desktop web browsers.
- Build web applications that can reliably stream copyright-protected videos to supported web browsers.
- Integrating various performance and analytics tracking frameworks and marketing automation tools to support business and marketing teams operating more efficiently at scale.
- 5+ years writing and shipping production code
- Proven ability to quickly learn new languages and frameworks with short lead time
- Comfort working in an Agile work environment with incredibly fast pace and large degree of independence
- You are not afraid to ship the front, back and the glue in between when duty calls
- You are always curious of upcoming tech trends, and willing to learn and experiment with changes that are beneficial to projects you worked on
- Experience with React, Vue.js or AngularJS highly desired
- Experience with writing tests for web applications highly desired
- Experience with Node.js framework
- Experience with issue and bug ticketing systems (JIRA)
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Bonus experience anything related to streaming media or HTML5 video