This job offer is expired
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Be a member of our Ecosystem Team that powers our billing, partner, and identity platforms. Youll serve as subject matter expert, architect, and evangelist for our front-end development efforts and work with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What Youll Do
- Build and extend beautifully crafted React applications
- Serve as a subject-matter expert across the engineering team for front-end architecture.
- Contribute to and maintain our shared front-end component library
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Support other teams as they migrate legacy front-end and full-stack applications to React
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineers code to maintain and improve quality
- Mentor and level-up junior front-end engineers
- Support an open, positive, and energised culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of professional experience developing in Engineer on SaaS products.
- At least 3 years of architecting / leading React based projects backed by RESTful APIs.
- At least 3 years experience with cloud-based SaaS development.
- Highly Preferred: At least 2-3 years of familiarity with Ruby
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Nice to Haves: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesnt just talk values, but lives them
- Our Think Big Program encourages and rewards employee-led innovation
- Employees are empowered to go above and beyond their daily duties to act on ideas that help our customers and/or improve the BigCommerce platform
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events