This job offer is expired
We’re looking for a creative Full-Stack Developer comfortable in writing beautiful, modern and world class-apps for iOS/Android to join our Malmö team. We’re looking for a colleague that is humble, curious and want to learn and grow together with others, every day. As part of a small and robust team of developers, you will work very closely with our UX team to deliver products and services that make a difference.
We at Above are devoted to breaking down the boundaries between physical and digital solutions with the fusion of hardware, software, applications and services. We work with the full scale of product and service creation, from strategic concepting all the way through to manufacturing.
We are a mixed bag, not only nationalities but also of competencies. Made up of industrial, digital- and service designers, mechanical, electrical- and software engineers split over three offices - Stockholm, Malmö and Shenzhen.
One of our core philosophies is that we believe in bringing designers and engineers together from the start. When our designers understand the state of the art tech-enablers and our engineers get the big picture, the user experience moves from a vision into the market – and beyond, creating value in people’s everyday lives.
We work with amazing international brands, local Scandinavian heroes and a fantastic collection of startups. We also have a passion for creating our own products and have a good track record of successful start-up ventures. We’re a team of warm, welcoming, dedicated professionals that love to build cool stuff. In everything we do, we strive for a world class result and believe you share that mindset.
About the position
As a Full-Stack Software Developer, you will be working daily with Visual designers, Service designers, UX designers, Embedded developers and much more. We believe tight integration between a broad range of disciplines together with a mix of nationalities and personalities results in better products as well as a fun and dynamic workplace.
As an important member of a small and passionate team, you will have a lot of influence on our app building strategy and workflow. You will be part of all phases in product development, all the way from understanding the user and doing concept design to shipping experiences to real users. You will be able to take responsibility for the work you do and in the end to be proud of what we create together. Ideally, you have worked with both Android and iOS professionally a few years, but eagerness to learn can make up for a lot.
So, the mandatory skills we would be super glad if you had:
- Experience with app development using React Native
- Experience with backend development using Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- GIT, build systems, testing tools etc
- Ability to translate product requirements and user needs into human, readable code that is easy to maintain and evolve
- Hands-on, persistent, result-oriented, and humble — you get things done
- Stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design and ship new features
Things we think are cool for you to have, but aren't deal breakers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with graphic design programs (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience with wire-framing/mockup tools (InVision/Sketch)
- Experience with native mobile development
- Experience with back-end, server-side MVC architecture
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc).
- A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without a similar history.
- Awareness of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Vue.js, Redux, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5, ES6/7, and CSS3/4
If you have any questions regarding the job position, send an email to Marcus Matèrn, Software & Hardware Manager, at [email protected], and if you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to our HR Manager Linda Petersson at [email protected]