Senior Software Engineer - Front End (CSS/React)
This job offer is expired
Hi! We're Chegg Writing Tools. We build things like http://www.bibme.org/grammar-and-plagiarism/ & http://www.easybib.com to help students create citations & become better writers.
We're looking for a mid level CSS developer to join our ranks and craft clean, reusable CSS. You'll work alongside passionate developers, with tons of room for growth as a developer. You'll get the chance to work with exciting new technologies (React, Styled Components, Webpack, and much more), along with being on the forefront of creating a design language for Chegg with well crafted, themeable, reusable CSS.
- Understand multiple ways to code a design, have the ability to choose the most effective option, and be able to elaborate on your choices
- Have mastery of layout: position (absolute, inline, fixed), display (flex, inline, inline-block, table), and more.
- Experience crafting reusable CSS
- Understand box model, box-sizing, & specificity
- Have fundamental UI / UX sensibilities
- Understand the importance of striving for patterns, while being able to empower a design vision.
- Know how to communicate, collaborate, and convey your ideas effectively to developers, designers, project managers, and stakeholders
- Love crafting CSS and stay up to date with your education & knowledge.
- You have an eye to detail, and strive for excellence
- 3+ years experience with CSS & HTML
- 2+ years creating responsive experiences for mobile & desktop
- Experience with Styled Components
- Experience with Design Systems