Senior Software Developer
We create highly polished web apps for private financial clients that include well established hedge funds with a worldwide presence. We specialize in tools to track and visualize portfolio performance, risk, and trading activity across a wide range of asset classes, countries, and strategies.
Location: New York - Westchester County (30 Mins from Midtown NYC)
Job Type: Full-time
Rate: Dependent on experience, up to $200k/year
- A strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, functional programming, and software best practices is required of all candidates.
- We seek to design extremely usable, maintainable, and polished software. Attention to detail and focus on code quality, API design, and user experience is mandatory.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and able to hit the ground running quickly.
- We primarily work with a React/MobX based framework on the client and Java/Groovy/Grails on the server. An ideal candidate would have real-world experience with these platforms, but we are very happy to consider candidates who have experience in other toolkits and/or related languages and web technologies.
- We are also looking for programmers who can build efficient, reliable, and maintainable back-end APIs and libraries. Multi-threading, memory management, and database access are critical to our daily work.
- Any DevOps experience with tools for code management, continuous integration, deployment, and automated monitoring would be highly valued. AWS, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher and TeamCity are some of our current tools in these areas.